Craft Fair Preparation Series- Part 5: Checklist. The BIG DAY is almost here! We will provide a last-minute checklist of what to have with you on the Craft Fair Day so nothing is left behind. Product? Check. Business Cards? Check. Coffee? Check!
It’s almost time! To make sure you have everything you need for your fabulous craft fair, here is a somewhat comprehensive checklist. A printout of the list is available for download HERE. Visit the links at the bottom for even more detailed lists!
- Your products… all of them.
- Product tags if you have them (descriptions, warnings, or just your sweet logo)
- An inventory list
- Casual, but appropriate dress-clothes
- A thorough knowledge of your product
- Portfolio if you have items customers can order or customize
- Bags, packaging, or wrapping to send your product home in
2. YOUR BOOTH:
- Any props, hangers, backdrops, or display pieces
- Masking tape or 3M strips for emergencies
- Your business sign
- Business cards and a business card holder
- Any other signs- prices, discounts, giveaways, credit card acceptance
- Sign-up sheets- for custom orders, newsletters, email list
3. YOUR MONEY:
- Change- at least $75-$100 in small bills and change
- A box or container to organize your cash
- Product price tags- either on each product or CLEARLY written and posted
- Your Credit Card device
- Cell phone or Tablet
- A money apron (optional)
- Receipt book
- Price list
4. SHOW SPECIFICS:
- Map and directions to the event
- Printout of email showing details of the event
- Names of coordinators or directors
- List of other vendors you’d like to visit or get to know
- Breath mints or gum
- Comfortable Shoes
- Post-it notes
- A notepad… trust me. You’ll need this for something!
- Additional items to work on during down time (sew on buttons, customize a gift, etc)
6. SPECIAL BUSINESS CONSULTANT SECTION:
In addition to everything above, business consultants should try to have the following available as well: (many companies provide these products for events… just ask!)
- Business cards
- Company logo
- Lots of product!
- Sign advertising fundraisers or discounts
- Catalogs or copies of specials to hand out
- Sign-up sheet for giveaways, email lists, and newsletters
- Excellent knowledge of your company and your product
Here are some links to other great craft fair checklists:
Well, that’s it for our Craft Fair Preparation Series! I hope it helped you feel prepared for your big event and I hope you continue visiting Rediscovering Yesterday for more DIY projects, mommy adventures, and heartfelt stories. Thank you so much for being a part of our series. Best of luck on all your events!
Download a printable version of the Craft Fair Checklist here.
Don’t miss our last four posts in this series- Preparing your Product, Advertising, Preparing Your Booth and Money Matters: